- 1 bag Dandies Pumpkin Marshmallows or Dandies Mini Marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp vegan margarine (we use Earth Balance)
- Natural green food coloring (I combined a packet of blue and a packet of yellow Frontier Natural colors to make green)
- 1 dark chocolate bar, melted
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (we use Earth Balance)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Natural food coloring
These are so cute you will pop your bolts off.
Marshmallow Cream Instructions
Microwave option: In a microwave safe bowl, combine Dandies, margarine, and coconut oil. In 30 second intervals, with a quick stir between each, microwave until marshmallows are fully melted. Stove top option: In a medium pot on very LOW heat, combine margarine, coconut oil and marshmallows. Stir until fully melted.
Vegan Frosting Instructions
Using hand mixer or stand mixer, combine all ingredients and beat until you have fluffy frosting. Transfer frosting into a pastry bag.
Mix in cereal and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow cream. On a piece of parchment paper, shape mixture into a ½ inch rectangle. Let cool. Cut crispies into squares. Dip one tip of the marshmallow into the melted chocolate to make the frankenstein hair. Paint on a chocolate mouth. Repeat with the rest of the squares. Lay on parchment paper to dry. Using the frosting, pipe a creepy face on each one. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chelsie Jangord