Squares, Bars, and Barks
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Dandies® Mini Vanilla Marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup almond or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate, optional
1. Spray a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, cereal, 1 cup Dandies®, and chocolate.
3. In a medium saucepan combine remaining 1/2 cup Dandies®, nut butter, coconut oil, agave or maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Place over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Alternatively, in a microwave-safe bowl combine nut butter, coconut oil, agave or maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Microwave 1 minute at a time, stirring after each minute, until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour over oat mixture and stir to combine.
4. Press mixture evenly into baking dish and refrigerate until cooled and firm, 1 hour. Cut crosswise in half, then cut into 10 long, thin bars.
5. If desired, in a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted. Drizzle over bars and refrigerate until firm. Store bars at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipe by Dandies Marshmallows